Fashion in the North East Documentary Focus Group

 Fashion in the North East Documentary

Focus Group




I constructed a focus group to gather feedback on my draft footage for my documentary, I did this in audio form by asking questions and recording my peers answers. I asked 11 questions to ensure I gathered as much feedback as possible, the answers i received will help determine the choices I make regarding my documentary and i will make changes to my plan according to the feedback I got. These are the questions


Focus Group Questions

  • Do you think the questions I asked were suitable to the theme of the documentary?
  • Based on this interview alone, would you be interested in watching my documentary?
  • What else would you expect to see in my documentary from watching this interview?
  • Do you think this appeals to the target audience of 16 - 25 year old's?
  • Do you think this fits the theme of Sunderland Culture?
  • Do you have any ways I could improve on my documentary based on this interview?
  • Have you ever watched a documentary with a similar topic of discussion? If so how does it compare with mine?
  • How do you feel about the structure of the interview?
  • What do you think I should add to my final project?
  • What would you like to learn about in the documentary?
  • What other interviews would you like to see me conduct?
  • What type of music would you recommend I add to the background of the documentary?


What my Focus Group taught me


This Focus Group showed me that people in the target audience would be interested in finding out more about North East fashion brands in particular and the history of those brands, how they started, how they've progressed and how they've got to where they are with a concentrated focus on the fact they're in the North East. I also found out that this would appeal to the target audience of 16 - 25 year old's as my focus group felt that this age range are the most expressive in their personal sty6le and the topic of fashion as a whole. From watching my interview for my documentary i asked if this fit the theme of Sunderland Culture to which they responded that it did due to the fact fashion is a way for people to express themselves and it was great to dig deeper into how young people express themselves through their personal style in the North East. I found that interviewing a Fashion Designer who is living and working in the North East was very fitting of the theme and helped showcase the culture of fashion and style in the North East. I found that my documentary idea was very unique and relevant to the current times as my focus group have never before seen a documentary with a similar topic of discussion, which also alerted me to the gap in the industry my documentary would be able to fill. I found that the interview i had previously recorded was structured well and my questions were very detailed to provide the informative answers i needed, as well as being very respectful of the interviewee. Another thing I found out was that people will want to see more about local fashion brands in the North East that the audience can shop at as they may not be aware of them. My focus group expressed that in my documentary they would like to learn about how fashion brands might have changed and evolved over the years while being in the North East and how fast fashion and overseas fashion companies impact local fashion businesses within the North East. When asking what music i should add to the background of my documentary they responded with something that is upbeat and uplifting with a pop element. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Regional Identity survey results

Audience Profile